Creation of automation links is required only if you want to measure success based on open rate.
Please follow the steps below to create 3 automations links.
|Name of automation link||Tag to apply|
|ChimpSplit Version A||ChimpSplit -> VersionA|
|ChimpSplit Version B||ChimpSplit -> VersionB|
|ChimpSplit Version C||ChimpSplit -> VersionC|
- From top navigation menu, Go to Marketing > Settings > Automation Links > Automation Link
- Click on "Create Link"
- Name your automation link. We advise you to use name "ChimpSplit Version A" (A or B or C) for your links so they are easy to locate later, however you are free to use any naming standard.
- Choose "Web address" in the next option and enter your domain name in the next field. You could use any domain like google.com, it does not matter. Click on "Save".
- The page will reload after you save it and you will see a new tab named "Actions", click on it.
- From the dropdown, choose "Apply/Remove Tag" and select "ChimpSplit -> Version A" (A or B or C) from the list.
- Click on Save. The list of tags will disappear and you will see one more "Save" button. By clicking that button, the automation link will be saved.
- Now copy the URL of this page (where you are editing this automation link and paste in any text editor like Notepad.
- The URL will end like this "manageSystemEmailLink.jsp?view=edit&ID=184&global=true&popup=true&campaignId=0" . We are looking for the number after "ID=". In this case, it's 184. It's ID of this automation link, you will be asked to enter this information during setup. If you face any trouble, contact support for help.